John Deere Information Security Engineer in Ames, Iowa
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Ames
Function: Information Technology
Title: Information Security Engineer - 77132
As an Information Security Engineer – Cloud Controls, you will be responsible for securing a cloud-based development environment to enable John Deere’s developer community. This position will be responsible for the development of automation, tools and techniques to secure John Deere’s cloud environment for secure application hosting and development. Cloud Controls champions the secure development of applications and infrastructure in John Deere cloud platforms. In addition, you will;
• Participate in an Agile-based Scrum Team as a development team member
• Build automation into the Security by Design service that will detect, prioritize and assign remediation findings.
• Improve the capabilities of existing tools in AWS and Azure cloud platforms to implement security controls in these environments.
• Use coding language to build automation into platform specific cloud security controls.
What Makes You Stand Out
• Experience as an application-based team member with a focus on application development and end-user support
• Demonstrable development skills with a coding language
• Expertise in anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
• Foundational technical aptitude related to Cloud computing – the risks and benefits of using a vendor’s remote servers to store, manage and process an organization’s data
• Proven experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment
• 2 + years of experience managing endpoint security solutions, including file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention
• Experience automating security testing tools
• Deep understanding of Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
• Bachelor's degree in a Cyber Security or Information Technology discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here (http://www.deere.com/en/our-company/john-deere-careers/why-john-deere/) to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.