John Deere Part-Time Student-Data Analytics-Davenport IA (Remote Availability) in Davenport, Iowa
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Davenport
Function: Data Science & Analytics
Title: Part-Time Student-Data Analytics-Davenport IA (Remote Availability) - 77049
This position is eligible for full remote work subject to training and occasional business needs. The arrangement may include training onsite at the Davenport IA location for approximately the first two weeks and onsite as needed during the assignment.
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule.
As a Part-Time Student-Data Analytics for John Deere's Davenport Works located in Davenport, Iowa, you will:
• Leverage data visualization to accelerate insight for our factory team
• Create mobile/web/desktop applications that support manufacturing operations
• Partner with engineers to understand business needs and implement technological solutions
• Explore new analytical problems and develop creative solutions using data and analytics
What Skills You Need
• Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science or an Engineering field; others may apply
• Must be registered as a full-time student at an accredited university
• Graduation date of May 2022 or later
• Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
• Available to work during the academic year (16-20 hours/week)
• Available to work during the summer semester (35-40 hours/week)
• Must be able to commute to the work location as needed
• Available to work on and complete assignments remotely per manager discretion
• Experience programming in Python
• Knowledge of databases (such as SQL, Oracle, SharePoint, MS Access)
• Analytic skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Interpersonal communication skills with ability to lead conversations and collaboration
What Makes You Stand Out
• Experience using data visualization tools (such as PowerBI, Tableau, R Shiny)
• Experience programming in additional languages (such as SQL, Java, Visual Basic, R)
• Experience working on/managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing, engineering or industrial processes
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here (http://www.deere.com/en/our-company/john-deere-careers/why-john-deere/) to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.