John Deere Quad Cities Skilled: Vehicle Mechanic in Davenport, Iowa
You have selected to complete a profile at Quad Cities for the Skilled Trades - Vehicle Mechanic position.
Performs general repairs in a team environment on gas and electric industrial trucks and other power driven and manually operated vehicles in the factory for transporting material and personnel.
Types of Machines, Tools and Equipment Used or Operated:
Various automotive mechanic and body repair hand tools and portable power tools, hoists, gages, drills, grinding machines, testing equipment for checking and maintaining engine performance and electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems; gas and electric welding, brazing and soldering equipment, battery chargers.
- Follows manufacture’s check charts and instructions for repairing and adjusting both mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Plans sequence of work, determines and procures parts, tools and equipment needed to carry work to completion.
- Performs general repair work on manually operated and power driven gas and electric vehicles used in the factory for transporting material and personnel, such as industrial trucks, mechanical floor cleaning equipment, tractors and scooters.
- Diagnoses troubles, determines causes of malfunctions, and performs disassembly, assembly, fitting and adjusting as required.
- Repairs, overhauls, modifies and replaces electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components of drive trains and transmissions, brakes and steering systems, lift mechanisms, etc.
- Overhauls and/or tunes up internal combustion engines.
- Adjusts and packs bearings, cleans, repairs and replaces radiators; cleans, repairs, replaces and adjusts carburetors and electrical equipment.
- Performs body work and mechanical repairs on chassis, suspension, springs, axles, clutches, etc.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Continue