John Deere Tooling Engineer in Garza Garcia, Mexico
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Tooling Engineer
Primary Location: Mexico (MX) - Nuevo León (MX-NLE) - Garza Garcia
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
John Deere is a foremost leader in the ag equipment business, and we continue to put a solid stamp on other industries. For over 150 years, the company’s portfolio of groundbreaking products has grown to include industries related to and outside of agriculture, including Turf, Construction and Forestry and Wind Technologies. The image of John Deere is no longer that of a signature green tractor meandering across a field; it’s been replaced with an image of acceleration, swift progress, and innovative leaping toward the company’s 200th year. The product line alone serves as proof with advances in machine performance, equipment automation, fleet management, and John Deere’s ongoing investment in emerging markets.
Engineering excellence is at the core of the longstanding success of John Deere. Our engineers don’t simply work on the leading edge, they are constantly redefining it. In fact, innovation has been a driving force in our organization from the very beginning.
What You’ll Do
• Plans, coordinates, develops and procures new concepts and designs for tooling to facilitate the implementation of new and revised products into the core manufacturing processes.
• Applies necessary GD&T and uses technical judgment to evaluate various designs while maintaining and supporting current operations. The work typically involves moderately complex tools and simple stampings, fixtures, gauges, assemblies and machines, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic engineering.
• Searches and implements new technologies to reduce costs and improve quality, participates in design reviews and modifies design based on feedback, supports and coordinates with the craftsmen building the tools and gauges, and manages the tooling database library.
• Manages in-house tool design and the design and build of tooling by internal and/or external suppliers to provide tooling required to manufacture product.
• Provides advice and recommendations to less-experienced designers and engineers. Works with cross functional teams to design new tooling.
What It Takes
• Background in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.) Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
• Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. - Has an expert understanding of the principles, can apply the information to complex situations, solve complex problems, conduct research/break new ground, develop new applications, and provide expert support.
• Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools. - Has an expert understanding of the principles, can apply the information to complex situations, solve complex problems, conduct research/break new ground, develop new applications, and provide expert support for other practitioners.
• Knowledge of materials engineering and engineering mechanics. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
• Engineering knowledge of materials properties. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
• Knowledge of industry standards relating to engineering, manufacturing and/or quality. - Performs more complex functions, understands principles.
• Bilingual. Has the ability to establish a business communication with technical information in English. DESIRED:
• Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems. - 1 - 3 years.
• Tooling Design Experience. 1 – 3 years
• Product engineering experience. - 1 - 3 years.
Product design, test and/or analysis experience. - 1 - 3 years.
• Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases. - 1 - 3 years.
• Experience in use of statistical tools and techniques for quality management. - 1 - 3 years.
• Experience with Computer Aided Design (CREO parametric). - 1 - 3 years.
• Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
What You’ll Get
We extend our values to the way we take care of our employees, providing a comprehensive range of benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry.
Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Candidates must have the necessary work permits to work in the country.