John Deere Software Engineer in Johnston, Iowa
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Johnston
Function: Information Technology
Title: Software Engineer - 75153
As a Software Engineer in the John Deere Order Management (OM) program, you will get the opportunity to work on a large-scale global web application in a Fortune 500 company that is regularly ranked among the best companies to work for in the country. Employees joining our teams will immediately be immersed in a culture where we emphasize personal and professional growth and a focus on quality. This position will be on the Order Management John Deere Financial Wholesale Financing Service team which has been among the first in the company to adopt the new Global IT Agile Operating Model.
This is a mid-career position as a software engineer working on a product team; supporting product design through planning, writing, and testing code to deliver functionality for the products it supports. Applicants should be passionate about quality and technical engineering practices such as TDD and CI/CD and have experience with object-oriented design patterns.
This position is on a team that is fully stacked with professional developers with Java, UI/React, or SAP ABAP experience; as such, we are looking for the best software engineer possessing a primary focus in any of these 3 areas, but with a desire and aptitude to expand their experience into the other technologies.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
Proven experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software solutions
• Working understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
• Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
• Proven experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles like Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery with tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
• Working understanding of software test automation (TDD and Unit Testing Frameworks: Junit, Mockito, ABAP Unit, Cucumber, Cypress)
• Working understanding of design patterns
What Makes You Stand Out
• Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solutions that deliver outstanding business outcomes
• Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
• Working understanding of cloud development with platforms like AWS or Azure
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here (http://www.deere.com/en/our-company/john-deere-careers/why-john-deere/) to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.