John Deere Senior Software Engineer (50839796) in Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Welcome to John Deere, the leading innovator of agricultural, forestry, construction, lawn and grounds care equipment supported by comprehensive parts and financial services solutions. With around 70,000 employees worldwide, we develop and produce connected and technologically advanced machines with a total sales of $35,5 billion. By joining us you grow individually and become a key contributor in managing the biggest global challenge: supplying 7 billion people with food, clothing and infrastructure.
John Deere Luxembourg is the European Headquarters for John Deere Financial. Our primary activity is providing financial services to John Deere customers and John Deere dealers who want to finance John Deere equipment.
For our Luxembourg location we are looking for a:
Senior Software Engineer – Data Platform
As part of our Data Enablement product team, you will ensure that data available from source systems is consolidated, accurate and available for BI/Analytics consumption across John Deere Financial in Europe. Furthermore, you will work on making data easily discoverable and consumable while ensuring that these datasets conform to relevant compliance and data security policies and standards.
Your major duties will be to:
• Collaborate on data migration initiatives from on-premises to our cloud-hosted Enterprise Data Lake and automate processing capabilities
• Establish scalable, secure and automated data pipelines and infrastructure to enable data analysis and collection
• Support and maintain our legacy on-premises data warehouse environments
• Provide coaching and mentoring to others within the technical discipline
• Lead complex technical or product efforts across product families and be recognized as a technical advisor in the development of creative functionality to solve complex problems
Skills we are looking for:
• 6+ years of experience with ETL, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing and working with large-scale datasets
• 6+ years of experience with Data Engineering and the respective tools and technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, Databricks, SQL, NoSQL, Data Lake concepts)
• 6+ years of experience designing, building and operating robust distributed systems
• Expert knowledge of Python and data-related interfaces/libraries like PySpark, Pandas, Koalas or NumPy
• Knowledge of AWS services such as Lambda, S3, API Gateway etc.
• Proven deep experience leveraging DevOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment using tools like Git, Jenkins, etc.
• Experience with Clean Code, TDD, Peer Reviews and Pair Programming
• Experience working in an agile team environment
• Fluency in English is essential (both spoken and written)
• Master’s degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies:
• Accountable, curious and collaborative
• Maniacal about product quality and takes pride in your craft
• A natural teacher of engineering best practices, and a culture carrier for the team.
• Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solutions
• Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
• Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
What You’ll Get:
• Be part of a large multinational industry leader organization
• A multicultural inclusive environment
• An attractive compensation package including variable pay program
• Pension & life cover/income protection benefits
• Flexible working solutions & Teleworking to balance family and career
• Development and learning opportunities to support current needs and future aspirations
We look forward to your application!