John Deere Engineering Development Program - Electrical & Computer Engineering (Full Time) 2019b in Moline, Illinois
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Moline
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Engineering Development Program - Electrical & Computer Engineering (Full Time) 2019b - 51084
We’re hiring for the 2019 full-time engineering development program where you will do three rotations through different areas of Product engineering which could include rotations where you develop skills in the following areas:
• Specify designs, develop tests, and document major electrical, electromechanical, electrohydraulic functions/subsystems for agricultural equipment projects.
• Produce and evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
• Execute test or analysis plans for product verification and validation.
Product Engineering Opportunities
• Product Design
• Hardware Design
• Software Design
• Product Test
What Skills You Need
• Currently pursuing or recent college graduate with a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related degree.
• Desired cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. Minimum cumulative GPA required of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
• Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models.
• Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
Location, location, location! We have locations across the United States so you must be willing to relocate domestically. Locations may include: Moline, IL, Waterloo, IA, Des Moines, IA, and Cary, NC
Work Statement: US Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.