John Deere SAP Software Engineer in Moline, Illinois
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois - Moline
Function: Information Technology
Title: SAP Software Engineer - 78071
As a Software Engineer for Unit Name located in Milan, IL, you will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions which could include coding and system configuration for complex products supporting Planning and Procurement business processes. You will have primary responsibility for supporting SAP core processes focused on Materials Management module and PTC Order Plan functionality. In addition, you will:
• Lead/assist with the translation of business requirements into detailed user stories for procurement processes utilizing SAP and other technical platforms
• Develop, configure, and support other SAP modules including Financial Accounting, Logistics Execution, Quality Management, and others
• Lead, participate, and support major upgrades
• Test deliverables against user story acceptance criteria
• Work closely with other team members to ensure that features meet business needs
• Work collaboratively with infrastructure, security, and other partners
• Follow industry-standard Agile software design methodology for development and documentation based off intentional architecture principles and API-led methodology
• Mentor more junior engineers on the team in specific software packages such as SAP, PTC, etc.
• Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
• Collaborate cross-functionally with business and other engineers to achieve solutions providing business value
• Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
What Skills You Need
• 2 or more years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software solutions in Java web development with Sprint and Restful APIs leveraging change management
• 4 or more years of understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
• 1 or more years of proven experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment
• 1 or more years of working understanding of full-stack design patterns and designing loosely coupled architectures
What Makes You Stand Out
• Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution
• Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
• Proven experience as working in a team environment
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
• Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here (http://www.deere.com/en/our-company/john-deere-careers/why-john-deere/) to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.