John Deere Manufacturing Engineer in Saltillo, Mexico
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Primary Location: Mexico (MX) - Coahuila (MX-COA) - Saltillo
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
John Deere is a foremost leader in the ag equipment business, and we continue to put a solid stamp on other industries. For over 150 years, the company’s portfolio of groundbreaking products has grown to include industries related to and outside of agriculture, including Turf, Construction and Forestry and Wind Technologies. The image of John Deere is no longer that of a signature green tractor meandering across a field; it’s been replaced with an image of acceleration, swift progress, and innovative leaping toward the company’s 200th year. The product line alone serves as proof with advances in machine performance, equipment automation, fleet management, and John Deere’s ongoing investment in emerging markets.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You’ll Do
• Provides support and basic trouble shooting for current operations. Investigates, gathers and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
• Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of limited scope.
• Identifies and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of limited scope.
• Works with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
• Develops and implements plans of limited scope to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System.
• Designs operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
• Participates in team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency.
• Implements new manufacturing processes and technology.
• Modifies existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new wage performance pay plans.
What It Takes
• Knowledge of manufacturing and distribution process, quality, tooling, tool design.
• Skill in using computer aided design and engineering tools.
• Background in Engineering.
• Weld Processes Material options, capabilities and process differences.
• Weld automation design, procurement, installation, and release to production.
• Human Factor.
• Engineering Manufacturing.
• Optimization Methods.
• Labor Standards.
• Mechanic Engineer or equivalent experience.
• Industrial Engineer or equivalent experience.
What You’ll Get
We extend our values to the way we take care of our employees, providing a comprehensive range of benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry.
Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Candidates must have the necessary work permits to work in the country.