John Deere Tactical Proc Analyst - Temporary in Torreon, Mexico
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Tactical Proc Analyst - Temporary
Primary Location: Mexico (MX) - Coahuila (MX-COA) - Torreon
Function: Supply Management / Logistics
John Deere is a foremost leader in the ag equipment business, and we continue to put a solid stamp on other industries. For over 150 years, the company’s portfolio of groundbreaking products has grown to include industries related to and outside of agriculture, including Turf, Construction and Forestry and Wind Technologies. The image of John Deere is no longer that of a signature green tractor meandering across a field; it’s been replaced with an image of acceleration, swift progress, and innovative leaping toward the company’s 200th year. The product line alone serves as proof with advances in machine performance, equipment automation, fleet management, and John Deere’s ongoing investment in emerging markets.
Through consistent operational excellence in business performance, we help ensure the success of new and existing products. Fully engaged in the present, but with an eye to the future, our innovative team continually implements practices that help redefine the leading edge. This effort includes our Achieving Excellence program, which promotes continuous improvement and strengthens supplier relationships.
What You’ll Do
• This position is responsible for direct material acquisition process for NSF commodity.
• The key metrics supported by this position are On-Time Delivery, Inventory, DOH and Premium Freight Spend.
• This position manages an estimated inventory of $3.9 USD and an annual purchase of $27M USD.
Specific duties include:
• Close follow up to suppliers' deliveries until material is received at MJD.
• Timely communication of any potential restriction for line-up and past due.
• On time payment to suppliers.
• Negotiation of order cancellation inside suppliers' firm zone.
• Participation on inventory reduction initiatives.
• Optimization of premium freight spend.
What It Takes
• English proficiency.
• Communication assertiveness.
• Self-administrated and motivated.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Experience in Supply Management, Production Planning or Logistics.
• Bachelor degree on Industrial Engineering, Administration or International Commerce.
What You’ll Get
We extend our values to the way we take care of our employees, providing a comprehensive range of benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry.
Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Candidates must have the necessary work permits to work in the country.