John Deere Indirect Materials & Services Site Lead in Waterloo, Iowa
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Waterloo
Function: Supply Management / Logistics
Title: Indirect Materials & Services Site Lead - 77280
As an Indirect Materials & Services Site Lead for Engine Works located in Waterloo, Iowa you will:
• Support our stakeholders in procuring indirect materials and services by implementing supply base strategies
• Assemble and analyze data to arrive at Request for Quote (RFQ) / Request for Proposal (RFP) criteria, a final list of potential suppliers, and a negotiation strategy. Facilitate and/or participate in Decision Analysis based on supplier proposals
• Identify and implementation cost reduction opportunities to support the business
• Develop relationships with operations stakeholders and leadership to assure long-term strategic sourcing for the business; responsible for representing IM&S to the business
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What Skills You Need
• 2 or more years working in Supply Management
• 2 or more years experience with Supply Management processes and tools to include procurement platforms such as SAP/SRM
• 5 or more years utilizing excellent people, communication, and relationship management skills
• 2 or more years project management experience
• 2 or more years negotiation and conflict resolution experience
What Makes You Stand Out
• Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
• Experience identifying new opportunities to create efficiencies, value, and/or cost reduction
• Experience analyzing information to make strategic decisions
• Experience negotiating and managing services contracts
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or similar discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here (http://www.deere.com/en/our-company/john-deere-careers/why-john-deere/) to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.