John Deere Waterloo Works Factory Skilled: Building Repair and Maintenance in Waterloo Works, Iowa
Waterloo Works Factory Building Repair and Maintenance
Plans and performs carpentry or steel work in constructing, repairing and maintaining factory buildings and equipment in a team environment.
Types of Machines, Tools and Equipment Used or Operated:
Stationary or portable power equipment, various hand tools, measuring instruments, ladders, hand trucks.
- 2 years of millwright or ironwork experience
- 2 years of experience reading and working with blueprints/drawings
- 2 years of experience laying out, fabricating, and repairing steel structures
- 1 year of experience setting up and using cutting torches Job Details:
Work is not closely supervised. Employees are required to maintain a safe work environment.
Details are dependent on duties assigned but in general consist of the following:
- Works from prints, sketches, shop orders or verbal instructions.
- Plans, obtains material and performs carpentry or steel work in constructing, repairing and maintaining factory buildings and equipment such as the following:
- Constructs, installs and/or repairs buildings, shop and office partitions, framing doors, office furniture, scaffolding, wooden hand forms, fixtures, trolley tracks, conveyors and foundry equipment, monorails, switches, and supporting steel work.
- Constructs and repairs plaster, masonry, concrete or wood buildings including foundations and framing.
- Installs and maintains bench vises, fixtures, hoists, steel racks, guard rails and benches.
- Repairs and renews window sash.
- Constructs and repairs non-powered trucks, trailers and skids.
- Constructs shoring for excavations, repairs roofs, repairs elevator floors and gates.
- Installs and repairs weighing scales, jib cranes and equipment balancing units.
- May direct the work of other team members.
- Lubricates, sharpens and cleans equipment.
Cleans work area and performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job. May also perform duties such as the following in addition to the duties listed above:
Does some finish work on office furniture.
- Installs and repairs locks and fits keys.
- Pours and finishes concrete.
- Unloads, loads and moves material and equipment as required incidental to work being performed. JohnDeere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to, among otherthings, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as aqualified individual with disability.